This Florida Divorce Law Guide is a hub of the information you need to learn and understand if you are going to get divorced in Florida. As part of your Florida Divorce Education, make sure you also check our our Divorce Strategy Guide and Florida Divorce Procedure Guide.
Clicking on the title of each Florida Divorce Law Guide topic below will take you to a more detailed explanation page. Most everything below is also concisely summarized in the Divorce Overview video above.
Florida Divorce Law Guide:
- Division of Property: The basics of dividing property in your divorce.
- Valuing a Business or Professional Practice: What you need to know about valuing a business or professional practice.
- Alimony: The basics of Florida divorce law provisions on spousal support (alimony).
- Child Custody: What you need to know about how Florida divorce law deals with children when their parents divorce.
- Child Support: The basics of how child support works in Florida.
- Attorney’s Fee & Cost Sharing: How and when courts divide divorce attorney’s fees and costs under Florida divorce law.
- Enforcing & Challenging Prenuptial Agreements: What you need to know about how Florida divorce law applies if you are getting divorced and previously signed a prenuptial agreement.
- Miscellaneous Legal Matters: An explanation of how Florida divorce law applies to several other legal matters that might arise in your divorce.