Modification of Alimony and Modification of Child Support:
Welcome to our modification of alimony and modification of child support resources page. We’ve developed this in response to an increasing amount of questions from those who have lost their job or suffered a major income decrease as a result of the current COVID 19 global pandemic. We’ll continue to update this page with more information as quick as we can get it out.
Many people are worried whether they have to pay support if they suffer a loss of income. Just as those receiving support are concerned about whether they’ll continue to receive it. The fact is that modification of alimony and modification of child support can be a “tricky issue.” Whether alimony or child support can be modified depends on the circumstances. And whether the right legal actions were taken at the right time.
If you want to speak to an attorney regarding a modification of alimony click here or the “schedule your consultation” button at the top of bottom of this page.
Below is a video that covers modification of alimony and modification of child support because of CoVid 19. This video deals specifically with modification of alimony or modification of child support due to a loss of income in the current global pandemic. However, the concepts in the video apply to any modification of child support or modification of alimony.
For a transcript of this video, click this link.
Also, we’ve developed a free book on modification of support during the CoVid 19 crisis that you can access by clicking here or on the picture of the book below.
Modification of Alimony & Child Support
In addition to the video and book above, we’ve developed these informational pages regarding modification of alimony and modification of child support during the CoVid 19 pandemic:
- The Problem: Why Waiting to Modify Support Can Hurt You
- The Solution: Filing to Modify/Abate Alimony or Child Support
- Modifying Support: Where to Start When You’ve Lost Your Job
- The Legal Process for Modifying Alimony & Child Support
- Why the Other Person’s Income Matters When Modifying Alimony & Child Support
- When it Makes Sense to File for Temporary Modification of Support
- Why to NOT Modify Your Support Obligation
- Do I Need a Lawyer for My Alimony or Child Support Modification Case?
- How to Evaluate Whether You Should File to Modify Alimony or Child Support